Welcome to Hanoi, the vibrant capital of Vietnam! This enchanting city is a melting pot of culture, history, and delicious cuisine. In this guide, we will help you make the most of your visit to Hanoi by highlighting the best places to stay, the must-see attractions, and the delectable dishes you absolutely must try. Get ready for an unforgettable journey through this captivating city.
Exquisite Accommodation in Hanoi
1. Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi: Timeless Elegance
Adress: 15 Ward Ngo Quyen, Street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
Phone number: 024 3826 6919
Room rate reference:
- Premium Room: 2,800,000 VND/ night
- Grand Premium Room: 3,700,000 VND/ night
- Grand Premium Room: 4,500,000 VND/ night
- Prestige Suite Room: 9,700,000 VND/ night
Nestled in the heart of Hanoi’s French Quarter, the Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi is a legendary establishment with a rich history dating back to 1901. This five-star hotel combines French colonial architecture with modern luxury. Enjoy the tranquil gardens, and gourmet dining at Le Beaulieu, and unwind at the elegant Le Spa du Metropole.
2. The Oriental Jade Hotel: Boutique Bliss
Adress: 94 Ward Hang Trong, Hang Trong, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
Phone number: 024 3936 7777
Room rate reference: fluctuating 2,200,000 VND/ night.
Located in the vibrant Old Quarter, The Oriental Jade Hotel offers a boutique experience that’s both intimate and charming. The hotel’s stylish rooms and rooftop bar provide stunning views of Hoan Kiem Lake. The exceptional service and prime location make it a top choice for travelers seeking a blend of comfort and cultural immersion.
3. InterContinental Hanoi Westlake: Lakeside Serenity
Adress: 05 Tu Hoa Ward, Quang An, Tay Ho, Hanoi
Phone number: 024 6270 8888
Room rate reference: fluctuating 3,400,000 VND/ night
Situated on the picturesque West Lake, the InterContinental Hanoi Westlake boasts luxurious rooms and suites, many of which are set on stilts above the water. The hotel’s award-winning dining options, including the Milan Restaurant and Sunset Bar, offer breathtaking views of the lake, making it an ideal retreat for a romantic getaway.
4. JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi: Contemporary Luxury
Adress: 8 Do Duc Duc Ward, Me Tri, Tu Liem, Hanoi
Phone number: 024 3833 5588
Room rate reference: fluctuating 5,200,000 VND/ night.
For travelers who appreciate modern elegance, the JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi delivers in style. Located in the French Quarter, this upscale hotel offers spacious rooms, a rejuvenating spa, and multiple dining options, including the popular French Grill. The Sky Garden on the 72nd floor provides panoramic city views.
5. Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa: Vietnamese Hospitality
Adress: 94 Ward. Ma May, Hang Buom, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
Phone number: 024 3926 3641
Room rate reference: fluctuating 1,200,000 VND/ night.
Embrace Vietnamese culture and hospitality at Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa. With several locations in the Old Quarter, this boutique hotel chain offers cozy rooms, a serene spa, and a rooftop bar with stunning views. The Hanoi La Siesta Diamond Hotel is particularly renowned for its personalized service.
Top 5 places worth experiencing in Hanoi
1. Hoan Kiem Lake
Address: Hang Trong Ward, Hoan Kiem District, City. Hanoi
Start your exploration with a visit to Hoan Kiem Lake, located in the heart of the city. Stroll around the lake, visit Hoan Kiem Lake Turtle Tower enjoy the peace and gentleness in the heart of Hanoi, and cross the iconic red bridge to visit Ngoc Son Temple which immerses you in the traditional cultural and historical values of the Capital.
2. Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum
Address: 2 Hung Vuong, Dien Bien ward, Ba Dinh district, Hanoi city
Ticket reference: 25,000 VND/ticket
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: April 1 – October 31: 7:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m, November 1 – March 31: 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m
- Monday, Friday: No visitation will be held
- Saturday, Sunday, holidays: April 1 – October 31: 7:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m, November 1 – March 31: 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m
Pay your respects to Vietnam’s founding father, Ho Chi Minh, at his imposing mausoleum. Visiting Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, you should go around and immerse yourself in admiring the solemn space and Uncle Ho’s resting place. Especially, You mustn’t miss the flag-raising ceremony of Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum takes place at 6:00 a.m., and the flag-lowering ceremony at 9:00 p.m. every day at Ba Dinh Square in front of President Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum.
- Children under 3 years old are not allowed to visit the mausoleum.
- Don’t take photos and when you arrive in front of the mausoleum, if you are wearing a hat or hat, hold it in your right hand and keep the inside of the hat or hat facing outward.
3. Hanoi Old Quarter
Wander through the bustling streets of the Old Quarter, where you can discover ancient temples, shop for souvenirs, and sample street food delicacies.
Hanoi Old Quater has a defined scope: the north is Hang Dau Street; To the west is Phung Hung Street; To the south are Hang Bong, Hang Gai, Cau Go, and Hang Thung Streets; East of Tran Quang Khai Street and Tran Nhat Duat street.
4. Hoa Lo Prison
Address: No. 1, Kp. Hoa Lo, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi.
Opening hours: 8:00 am – 17:00pm
Tickets reference: 50,000 VND/person, Free tickets for children under 15 years old,
Gain insights into the city’s history by visiting Hoa Lo Prison, also known as the “Hanoi Hilton.” This former prison offers a sobering look at Vietnam’s struggle for independence.
5. Water Puppet Show
Address: 57B Dinh Tien Hoang Street, Hang Bac Ward, Hoan Kiem District, City. Hanoi
Ticket reference: 150,000 VND/ person
Experience the unique art of Vietnamese water puppetry at Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre. This traditional performance is a true cultural gem. Visitors will enjoy a puppet performance on the water that is less than an hour long and follows an intriguing plot. The performances feature entrancing sounds from vintage instruments like the erhu, zither, monochord.
What you should taste in Hanoi
You can’t visit Hanoi without trying Pho which it’s famous. You mustn’t miss a dish with a mix of ingredients wonderfully.
Some places to eat delicious pho that you can try:
1. Pho Ly Quoc Su: 50,000 VND – 77,000 VND / bowl, opening hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. -10:00 p.m. You can find them at 3 addresses: Address 1: No. 10 Ly Quoc Su – Address 2: 42 Hang Voi – Address 3: N2A Hoang Minh Giam
2. Pho Bat Dan: 49 Bat Dan, the restaurant opens in the morning from 6:30 a.m. – 8:30p.m., price: 30,000 VND – 55,000 VND / bowl.
3. Pho Thin: 13 Lo Duc street, restaurant open from 5am to 9pm, price: 40,000 VND – 60,000 VND / bowl.
2. Bun Cha
Indulge in Hanoi’s beloved bun cha which made US President Obama fascinated during his visit to Vietnam. A dish featuring grilled pork served with vermicelli noodles and fresh herbs. Don’t forget the dipping sauce!
Some places that you can try:
1. Bun Cha Huong Lien: Le Van Huu – the bun cha restaurant President Obama visited, the price: 40,000 VND
2. Bun Cha Dac Kim: No. 1 Hang Manh, Hang Gai, Hoan Kiem Hang Gai Hoan Kiem Hanoi, the price: 50,000 VND – 60,000 VND.
3. Egg Coffee
A country famous for coffee, you can enjoy coffee in all of Vietnam, but coming to Hanoi let’s sip on the unique and decadent egg coffee at one of Hanoi’s coffee shops. This creamy concoction is a local specialty.
Some places that you can try:
1. Giang Coffee: 39 Nguyen Huu Huan, Ly Thai To, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
2. Cafe Đinh: 13 Dinh Tien Hoang, Hang Trong, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
3. Loading Coffee: 2nd Floor, No. 8 Chan Cam, Ward. Hang Trong, District. Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
4. Bun Thang
The dish bun thang perfectly encapsulates the exacting and exacting “personality” of the Hanoian people. The yellow color of the sliced fried eggs, the white color of the pork sausage, the green color of the sliced onions, and the brown color of the mushrooms all work together to make this dish a complete blend of color, flavor, and presentation. A flavorful, delicate dish of Hanoi has been produced by all. Therefore, anyone who only needs to see the bowl of bun thang and wants to use chopsticks to sample some of it should do so.
Some places that you can try:
1. Cau Go Bun Thang: There is no specific address because along Cau Go Street are dozens of bustling Bun Thang restaurants, the best ones are at numbers 32 and 48 Cau Go. The price: 30,000 VND- 55,000 VND.
2. Bun thang Hang Hom: No. 11 Hang Hom, is quite cheap price about 20,000 VND – 35,000 VND / bowl.
3. Bun thang Giang Vo: This noodle shop is a bit hard to find, located modestly at the beginning of D2 Giang Vo house, the price: 40,000 VND/bowl.
5. Bun Oc
A typical Hanoian dish, Bun Oc is made special by the sophisticated sophistication of its preparation and its unmistakably wonderful flavor. When you bite into the first piece of vermicelli, you can taste the greasy flavor of each snail, the crispy flavor of the golden fried beans, the sour and spicy flavor of the chili, and the flavor of the broth. When served with split water spinach, a few raw vegetables, or green bananas, the dish’s flavor is more rounded and richer.
Some places that you can try:
1. Co Than: Hang Chai alley, the price is quite reasonable 30,000 VND / bowl.
2. Mai Huong alley: Bach Mai Street, the price is about 25,000 VND – 40,000 VND / bowl.
3. O Quan Chuong: 1 Hang Chieu Ward, Hang Buom, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi the price about 35,000 VND – 50,000 VND / bowl.
HOW TO GET TO OLD QUARTER FROM HANOI AIRPORT?
-Hanoi Local Taxi: So cheap and every hour Hanoi Taxi is available at arrival terminal. Just cross to the third street then you will see Hanoi Local Taxi. Let choose Green Taxi (Mai Linh) or Thanh Cong Taxi or Hanoi Airport Taxi for more safe and trust. But their cars are mostly not new and clean. Drivers most can’t speak English. Just for whom looking for cheap price for transfer to old town and not care about transfer service.
–Hanoi Local Shuttle Bus: Every 10 – 15 minutes, there is shuttle bus from Hanoi to center. Depending on your hotel location you can choose which bus station and bus number to go such as Bus No 07 to Cau Giau District. Price 9,000vnd. Bus No 17 from Noi Bai Airport to Long Bien District. Bus No 90 Noi Bai Airport to Kim Ma District. (5:30am – 22:30) and more shuttle bus you can google and check the updated info.
-Hanoi Private Driver Transfer from Vietnam Private Car: You can book online and driver will hold your name on the sign welcome you at arrival gate with 1 hour free waiting if your flight delay. Driver can speak English and help you on the way to Hanoi Center such as call hotel for reconfirm your hotel booking and note them for welcome you on arrival and help luggage as well. Here is the link reference for Hanoi Airport Transfer.
Hanoi is a city that will captivate your senses with its rich history, charming streets, and mouthwatering cuisine. Whether you’re exploring ancient temples, savoring street food, or relaxing by the lakeside, Hanoi promises an unforgettable adventure. So, pack your bags and embark on a journey to discover the magic of Hanoi today with Vietnam Private Car. Let Vietnam Local Travel & Transport serve as your entryway into this alluring world, where every experience is an invitation to embrace the magic of Hanoi and every moment becomes a treasured memory.
Booking here: https://vietnamprivatecar.com/destination/hanoi/