- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Tour the caves and tunnels of Marble Mountain, and find out about the hidden underground spaces where the Viet Cong would camp out during the Vietnam War. From the top of the mountain, enjoy panoramic views of the jungle, river, and the islands and ocean beyond. See marble carvings and statues over half a century old, and learn about the wildlife and plants here, such as wild Macaques.
- Typical Vietnamese lunch is included in the tour price
- Travel to several different spots for varied views—ideal for photographs
- Choose a modern car with AC or a retro US Army Jeep
- Private tour—only you will take part
Meeting And Pickup
This activity ends back at the meeting point.
Our guide and driver will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel/accommodation in Hoi An or Danang city.
What To Expect
1.The Marble Mountains:
Pickup from hotel in Hoi An or Da Nang, drive to Marble Mountain (in Da Nang), discover the stunning Âm Phủ cave inside Marble Mountain with your local guide to learn how Vietnamese soldiers used to hide and fight in the wars. The cave was also a secret hospital to save wounded soldiers. Walk 150 steps or take the elevator to the peak of Marble Mountain. Knowledgeable guide will show you the best highlights so you don't have to spend too much energy but still see the hidden beauty that most people miss. You will admire the rustic charms of historical pagodas, Buddhist statues and shrines, which are a few centuries old. Local believers and monks pray here often. You will lean interesting local beliefs and Buddhism.
2.The Marble Mountains
Continue to explore Marble Mountain, enjoy the river views and ocean breeze at various points. Visit the huge Heaven Cave, you will take in the beauty of natural limestone formations. Take pictures with rustic statues of Lady Buddha, Happy Buddha... Visit the 500-year-old Carving Village to see amazing marble scuptures make by local people at the foot of Marble Mountain.
3.Son Tra Peninsula
We then drive along Da Nang coast to MONKEY MONTAIN (Also known as Son Tra peninsula). You'll take in amazing views of Da Nang city, Pacific ocean, Cham islands, endless beaches, hundreds of fishing boats... You'll see common Macaque monkeys... IF LUCKY, you'll see the rare & endangered colorful Langur monkeys.
At half way of Monkey Mountain, we spend a short while to visit the giant Lady Buddha Statue, standing at 68 meters 233 feet tall. She smiles upon the fishing village and blesses local people while fishing in the deep sea. There are beautiful flower and bonsai gardens, and viewpoints to capture amazing snap-shots of Da Nang city and its beaches.
After spending a morning or afternoon to visit Marble Mountain, Monkey Mountain and Lady Buddha statue, we will have delicious Vietnamese lunch or dinner with our local team in a nice restaurant. PLEASE NOTE: There are 2 options, please check and choose when booking: + Tour with lunch lasts 4,5 hours - at higher price. + Tour without lunch lasts 5,5 hours - at lower price. After tasty meal, we will take you back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Wear sport shoes for best comfort when walking. Flip flops are not recommended.
- Wear sun protections and light clothes in summer.
- Not recommended for travelers with walking difficulties
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- Pickup & drop off hotel in Hoi An or Da Nang
- Modern car with AC or a retro US Army Jeep
- Local tour guide speaks English & Vietnamese, knowledgeable & licensed
- All taxes, tickets and entrance fees
- Included or Excluded Vietnamese meal at different Prices and Durations
- Bottled water during the tour
Other drinks. Personal expenses. Tip is optional but appreciated
No Details Found