Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park is a world natural heritage, a pristine landscape that nature has bestowed on the people of Quang Binh, and a land associated with heroic historical achievements. Travel Phong Nha tourists will be lost in a “fairyland” with the harmony of primeval forests and the peaceful Son River along a system of dry and water caves, creating a captivating water picture. Not only is it a place with beautiful scenery, but the local people are also very friendly, gentle, and hospitable. The long-standing traditional cultural lifestyle is still preserved and developed. Let Vietnam Locals Travel & Transport accompany you to create great values for this journey of discovery.
Where to stay when traveling to Phong
1. Meliá Vinpearl Quang Binh
Address: Quach Xuan Ky Street, Dong Hoi City, Quang Binh Province, Vietnam.
- Deluxe City View: 1,720,710 VND/night
- Executive Suite: 2,300,000 VND/room/night
Reservation hotline: 028 4458 1718
Located in the center of Dong Hoi City on the peaceful Nhat Le River, Melia Vinpearl Quang Binh has both a spacious view and is close to the vibrant Dong Hoi market and the Mother Suot Monument. This is the ideal destination to enjoy wonderful relaxing moments with family, friends, and relatives in the sunny and windy but also charming land of Quang Binh with world wonders such as the National Park. Phong Nha, Ke Bang, Son Doong Cave, Yen Island, Vung Chua…
2. Muong Thanh Luxury Hotel, Quang Binh
Address: 121 Truong Phap Street, Hai Thanh Ward, Dong Hoi City, Quang Binh Province
- Deluxe King/Twin: 900,000 VND/room/night
- Deluxe King/Twin Ocean View: 1,150,000 VND/room/night
- Executive Suite: 2,300,000 VND/room/night
Reservation hotline: 02418.104.22.168
Are you looking for a 5-star standard hotel right in the center of Dong Hoi City with sea views? Then don’t miss Muong Thanh Luxury Hotel. This will definitely be the perfect choice to bring the best experience to your trip.
3. Royal Quang Binh
Address: 46 Nguyen Trai, Hai Dinh, Dong Hoi, Quang Binh
Reservation hotline: 0232 6259 999
Room Rates: fluctuating from 700,000 VND/ night
A 4-star hotel is the Royal Quang Binh Hotel. Every time tourists visit Quang Binh, they should choose the Royal Quang Binh, a 4-star hotel with affordable rates. The Royal Quang Binh offers you a peaceful, romantic space right in the middle of the energetic, young city with a stunning view of the Royal Hotel in the city, overlooking the lake. Additionally, this is the ideal spot to take in Quang Binh’s nighttime scenery.
4. Phong Nha River House
Address: Son Trach, Bo Trach, Quang Binh
Reservation hotline: 01232845556
- Double room with village view: 500 VND/night
- Double room with river view: 500,000 VND/night
- Wooden room: 500,000 VND/night
Phong Nha River House is designed with an extremely rustic yet elegant style, all made of wood. Although the rooms are not too large, they are fully equipped with amenities such as wifi, hot water, and air conditioning. The price is also really reasonable (including breakfast, bicycle rental, and use of the beach). The homestay is located along the peaceful, romantic Son River and also has a small private beach, which is very convenient.
5. Son River House
Address: Phong Nha, Son Trach, Son Trach Commune, Bo Trach District, Quang Binh Province, Vietnam
Reservation hotline: 0942 631 451
- Deluxe Twin: 427,499 VND/room/night
- Family Triple: 427,499 VND/room/night
Son River House is a hotel in the Bo Trach district, offering accommodations with free WiFi, air conditioning, and a garden with a terrace. The private bathroom is fully equipped with amenities and free toiletries. Guests can enjoy a daily continental breakfast at the property and use bicycle and car rental services to explore the area. Dong Hoi Airport is 46 km away.
Phong Nha’s top attractions to visit when visiting.
1. Phong Nha Cave
Ticket price to visit Phong Nha Cave:
- Adults: 150,000 VND/ticket/adult.
- Children under 1.3 meters in height: Free
Boat to visit Phong Nha Cave: 550,000 VND/1 boat with life jackets, carrying up to 12 guests, including children.
Phong Nha Cave is the most typical scenic spot in the cave system belonging to the Phong Nha-Ke Bang scenic complex. This cave was voted one of the most beautiful caves in the world with the following criteria: longest underground river, most beautiful underground lake, highest and widest cave entrance, most beautiful sandy beaches and reefs, and most beautiful cave. The most spacious and beautiful, the most magical and magnificent stalactite system
2. Tien Son Cave
Ticket price to visit Tien Son Cave:
- Adults: 80,000 VND/ticket/adult.
- Children under 1.3 m in height: free ticket
Boat to visit Phong Nha-Tien Son Cave: 550,000 VND/1 boat with life jackets, carrying up to 12 guests, including children.
Tien Son Cave, also known as Dry Cave, is a famous and beautiful cave in the Phong Nha-Ke Bang area. This cave is located at an altitude of about 200 m (980 m) and was discovered in 1935 with the name Tien Cave due to its mysterious and magical beauty.
Later, people called Tien Son Cave Dry Cave to distinguish it from Phong Nha Cave, which is a water cave. Tien Son Cave has many magical stalactites and stalagmites, and the sounds coming from the stone slabs and stone pillars echo like gongs and drums.
3. Thien Duong Cave
Ticket price to visit Thien Duong Cave:
- Adults: 250,000 VND/ticket/adult.
- Children from 1.1m to 1.3m: 125,000 VND/01 ticket/01 child.
- Children under 1.1m tall: free
Electric car transfer service:
- 4-seat tram: one-way ticket price: 60,000 VND/route/turn. Round-trip ticket price: 100,000 VND/route/round
- 6-seat tram: one-way ticket price: 90,000 VND/route/turn. Round-trip ticket price: 150,000 VND/route/round
- 8-seat electric car: 200,000 VND/car/round
- 14-seat electric car: 350,000 VND/car/round
Dubbed the “underground palace”, Thien Duong Cave is one of the most magnificent and magical wonders in the world. This cave has a length of 31.4 km, a width of 30–150 m, and a height of about 60m. This cave is a dry cave, considered larger and longer, and does not have an underground river flowing through it like Phong Nha cave.
In Thien Duong Cave, there are many magical stalactites and stalagmites. Most of the cave’s floor is soft and quite flat, so it is quite convenient for sightseeing and exploration.
4. Phong Nha Botanic Garden
Address: 20, Son Trach, Bo Trach, Quang Binh.
Ticket price to visit Phong Nha Botanical Garden
- Adults: 40,000 VND/person
- Children (from 1.1m to 1.3m): 50% of the adult ticket price.
- Children (under 1.1m): free ticket
Coming to the botanical garden, you will have the opportunity to learn about wild nature and the rich and rare flora and fauna ecosystem of the primeval forest. The highlight of the botanical garden is the beautiful view of the tropical forest with the Wind waterfall over 30m high, the dreamy Vang Anh lake, and the lush jungle.
5. Mooc Stream
Ticket price to visit Mooc Spring
- Full service ticket: 180,000 VND/01 ticket/01 adult (includes: stream bathing, jumping, kayaking, life jacket, paddle, rescue).
- Children 1.3m or older: 100,000 VND/trip.
- Regular sightseeing ticket: 80,000 VND/01 ticket.
- Children under 1.3m tall: free ticket
The Mooc Stream eco-tourism area is really different from other tourist destinations in Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park; this place still retains its inherent wild and pristine appearance, making it truly attractive and causing many impressive surprises. Impressive to tourists. The poetic beauty, charming scenery, and fresh air of Mooc Stream make it an attractive tourist, rest, and relaxation destination for tourists from near and far when coming to Quang Binh.
Top dishes worth trying when traveling to Phong Nha.
1. Ca tram song Son-Son River Carp
Song Son carp is considered a famous culinary symbol of Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park and especially a specialty of the Quang Binh tourism brand. The aroma of fish meat brings visitors new, attractive, and delicious experiences, along with the presentation of professional chefs creating dishes that are highly aesthetic, rich, and nutritious.
- The restaurant at Chay Lap Farmstay: Chay Village, Bo Trach, Quang Binh. Opening hour: 6:00am- 22:00pm
- Thu Hue Restaurant: Phong Nha Town, Bo Trach, Quang Binh. Opening hour: 7:00am- 22:00pm
- Thu Ha Restaurant: Phong Nha town, Bo Trach, Quang Binh. Opening hour: 7:00am- 21:00pm
- Vung Hue Restaurant: Phong Nha town, Bo Trach, Quang Binh. Opening hour: 6:00am- 21:30pm
2. Chao Canh- Porridge Noodle
Porridge noodle is one of the familiar dishes with hometown flavors for every person in Quang Binh. The indispensable ingredients in each bowl of porridge include noodles or rice, lean meat, and special snakehead fish served with ram (spring rolls)—the rustic name of the people here. The delicious flavor of the broth mixed with the noodles and meat will definitely make you fall in love.
- Gia Bao Porridge Noodle: 8 Ly Thuong Kiet, Dong Hoi City. Opening hour: 7:00am- 21:3-pm. The price: 20,000VND-30,000VND
3. Grilled chicken served with Cheo salt
Always impressing and attracting visitors when coming to Quang Binh, it is impossible not to mention the grilled chicken dish served with sticky rice. The chicken meat is golden in color, deliciously chewy, and has a delicious aroma with distinct spices from the Central region. In particular, a spice that always intrigues and attracts tourists because of its flavor and name is Cheo salt – a local Phong Nha salt used to eat with grilled chicken and grilled meat.
- East Hill Phong Nha: Bo Trach, Quang Binh. Opening hour: 9:00am-22:00pm
- Chay Lap Farmstay – Chay village: Bo Trach, Quang Binh. Opening hour: 6:00am-22:00pm
- Len Con Restaurant: Phong Nha town, Bo Trach, Quang Binh. Opening hour: 8:00am-21:00pm
4. Chao hau
Chao hau is one of the specialties in Quang Binh that is loved by everyone. Oysters are taken from Nhat Le River with a sweet, fatty taste and especially contain a lot of nutrition. If you have the opportunity to come to Quang Binh, don’t forget to enjoy this oyster porridge dish.
- Ms. Ngang’s Restaurant: 18 Hoang Dieu, Dong Hoi City, Quang Binh.
- O Mai Restaurant: Quang Trung intersection, Co Tam, Quan Hau town, Quang Ninh district, Quang Binh.
- Thuy Duong Quan: 15 Phan Boi Chau, Dong Hoi City, Quang Binh.
5. Banh Beo
Banh beo, banh loc, and banh nam are familiar dishes throughout all regions of Vietnam. But coming to Quang Binh, this familiar cake has a very unique flavor.
With round, thin, chewy cakes arranged evenly on the plate, it will make you less bored when combined with meat, minced shrimp, and shrimp chips. All mixed together with the typical broth creates a unique flavor of this place.
- Son Ly Restaurant – Address: No. 115 Ly Thuong Kiet, Dong Hoi City – Price: 20k
- Miss Van’s Banh Beo: 82 Le Thanh Dong, Dong Hoi City – Price: 15k
Phong Nha is one of the most famous and attractive destinations in Vietnam. With its wild beauty and magnificent cave systems, this national park attracts millions of visitors from all over the world every year. Phong Nha Ke Bang is not only one of the most important nature reserves but also a UNESCO world heritage site. Phong Nha is a unique and wonderful destination for nature and exploration lovers. Vietnam Private Car hopes to help you have a memorable journey and a wonderful experience in this magical land.
Booking here: https://vietnamprivatecar.com/destination/phong-nha/