Address: located on National Highway 1A, Area 8, Phu Bai Ward, TX. Huong Thuy, Thua Thien Hue Province.
If you decide to fly to the idyllic city of Hue, you will arrive at Phu Bai Hue airport and begin using the services immediately. You will proceed to the city center and other tourist attractions from here. Among the airports in the Central area with the fastest growth rate is this one. Let’s Vietnam Private Car help you pocket some tips.
How far is Phu Bai Airport from Hue City?
Depending on the route and type of vehicle, Phu Bai International Airport is roughly 15 km from Hue’s city center and can be reached in 20 – 30 minutes. Refer to the instructions as they are displayed below:
Below is the distance from Phu Bai International Airport to famous Hue tourist destinations, visited by many people:
- From Phu Bai International Airport to Hue Citadel: 18km (about 25 – 30 minutes travel)
- From Phu Bai airport to Dong Ba market: 16km
- From Hue Phu Bai airport to Thien Mu pagoda: 20km
- To Tomb of Khai Dinh: 17km
- To Tu Dam Pagoda: 17km
- From Phu Bai airport to Lang Co Hue Bay: 55km (about 1 hour travel)
2. How to get from Phu Bai Airport to Hue City.
One of the following methods will get you from Phu Bai airport to the hotel where you can check in or to other popular spots in Hue:
1. Take a taxi from Phu Bai Airport
A taxi is a rapid and practical means of transportation to the heart of Hue. This car is appropriate for groups of fewer than seven individuals. From Phu Bai International Airport, a taxi ride to Hue City costs between 200,000 and 300,000 VND.
You can take a taxi from the area outside the station exit. Some taxi companies that offer this service are Phu Xuan Taxi, Thanh Hung Taxi, Thanh Do Taxi, and Mai Linh Taxi, Xanh Taxi, …
2. Travel economically by bus from Phu Bai airport to Hue.
The bus is the most economical way to travel to Hue City if you have minimal luggage and wish to save money on your trip. There are numerous buses at the Phu Bai International Airport intersection. However, choosing bus for transportation that are so crowded, and spending a lot of time (30-60 minutes) that can influence on your trips.
Currently there are 4 bus routes passing through Phu Bai airport
- Bus route number 02: Northern Bus Station – Southern Bus Station – Phu Bai Industrial Park Operating hours: 4:45 a.m. – 10:15 p.m Route: Northern bus station – Le Duan street – Tran Hung Dao street – Le Loi street – Nguyen Hue street – Dong Da street – Le Quy Don street – Ba Trieu street – Hung Vuong street – An Duong Vuong street – Phuong bus station South – National Highway 1A (NH1A) – Phu Thu Industrial Park – Phu Bai Station (Phu Bai airport) and vice versa.
- Bus route number 07: Northern Bus Station – Phu Bai Industrial Park – Lang Co Operating hours: 5:15 a.m. – 6:00 p.m Route: Northern bus station – Le Duan street – Tran Hung Dao street – Le Loi street – Nguyen Hue street – Dong Da street – Le Quy Don street – Ba Trieu street – Hung Vuong street – An Duong Vuong street – Phuong bus station South – National Highway 1A – Phu Thu Industrial Park – Phu Bai Industrial Park – Phu Bai Market – La Son Street – Truoi Station – Phu Loc Town – Cau Hai – Phuoc Tuong Pass – Nuoc Ngot – Thua Luu – Phu Gia Pass – KQH parking lot Lang Co and vice versa.
- Bus route number 10: Dong Ba bus station – Cau Hai Operating hours: 4 flights/day at fixed time frames: 7:30 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Route: Dong Ba Hospital – Phu Xuan Bridge – Hanoi – Hue Central Hospital – Hung Vuong Street – BigC supermarket – Ba Trieu Street – An Cuu Bridge – An Duong Vuong Street – National Highway 1A (QL1A) – Industrial Park Phu Bai – Phu Bai Market – Phu Bai Toll Station – Nong – La Son – Truoi Station – Phu Loc Town – Cau Hai Market and vice versa.
- Bus route number 11: Northern Bus Station – Phu Bai Industrial Park – Vinh Hien Operating hours: 9:45 a.m. – 7:00 p.m Route: Northern bus station – Le Duan street – Tran Hung Dao street – Le Loi street. Nguyen Hue Street – Dong Da Street – Le Quy Don Street – Ba Trieu Street – Hung Vuong Street – An Duong Vuong Street. Southern Bus Station – National Highway 1A – Phu Thu Industrial Park – Phu Bai Station belongs to Phu Bai Airport and vice versa.
The average ticket price is 30,000 VND per trip, and the waiting times range from 30 to 60 minutes.
3. Ride the shuttle bus to the airport in Phu Bai.
There’s a shuttle bus service available at Phu Bai airport to save passengers money and time when they’re traveling to Hue. Passengers are picked up by the car at the airport gate and dropped off at 20 Hanoi, Hue City, which is the final destination. Hue, the opposite route heads to Phu Bai airport from 20 Hanoi.
The Phu Bai airport shuttle bus operates on a 30-to-60-minute schedule and has a relatively low-ticket price of just 50,000 VND per trip. But you should only take this bus if you are traveling with little to no luggage and in a small group (1-2 people). When there are a lot of people, taking a taxi is not only comfortable and quick to arrive at, but it is also reasonably priced.
The price tickets: 50,000VND/trip including all taxes and fees.
4. Rent a private car from transportation services in Hue.
Another option for you is to rent a private car to travel from Phu Bai airport. Renting a private car brings comfort and convenience to you when traveling. You can customize your own itinerary and go to your desired places. In addition, when renting a private car, you will be served by a professional driver, helping you move safely and quickly. You don’t need to worry about finding your way around, parking, or paying for parking.
Car rental service from Vietnam Private Car will be a worthy choice for you. From Vietnam Private Car, there are many choices of modern vehicles: SUV, VAN, Lim mouse, …. Our driver will be ready to pick you up at the airport with a pick-up board and drop you off when you arrive at your destination most safely.
Refer here: Phu Bai Airport
Important notes when arriving at the airport.
- There is always free WiFi in Phu Bai Hue. #MegaNet Free is the name of the network.
- The passenger terminal’s second floor isolation room has free stations for pure drinking water.
- To avoid being late, head straight to the airport for check-in if you don’t have time to eat. Once the processes are finished, you can take your time looking for restaurants and food establishments. The first and second floors of the Phu Bai International Airport passenger terminal are home to a large number of eateries, cafes, and fast food counters that provide travelers with a wide selection of mouthwatering meals.
- Duty-free stores and a commercial area are features of this airport. This store sells a wide range of goods, including gifts and souvenirs as well as clothing, shoes, bags, towels, accessories, and local specialties. Customers have a range of options because prices range from reasonably priced to luxurious.
- Other facilities available at Phu Bai Hue Airport include a currency exchange area, ATMs, medical rooms, shuttle services for travelers with limited mobility, and more.
- In the event that you find your luggage missing or lost, take the following actions:
To report, proceed from the airport’s baggage claim area to the baggage information counter. Give the information needed to locate your luggage as quickly and conveniently as possible. For instance, kindly provide a thorough description of the features and identifying details of your luggage, including its color, size, and other details.
Show off your luggage tag, airline ticket, etc.
- The cause will then be verified by airline personnel. It is usually the result of switching to the incorrect flight. Customers will be entitled to compensation from the airlines in the event that the luggage cannot be located.
- Consider hanging a nametag, towel, or sticker on your suitcase to help you quickly identify your checked luggage and prevent confusion when checking out at the airport.
Currency Conversion Service
Currently, Phu Bai and Hue airports do not yet provide currency conversion services. You can exchange currency at the hotels you choose to stay.
If you choose to use Vietnam Private Car’s services, we also support cash exchange services for customers who need it when using it. Use the company’s airport shuttle service.
Use phone sim card service.
Currently at Phu Bai airport, Hue still does not provide Sim buying service. You can contact to buy Sim at locations in the center of Hue City.
Some refer stores:
- Viettel Nguyen Hue transaction stores: 11 Ly Thuong Kiet, Phu Nhuan Ward, Hue City. Working hour: 7:30am-8:00pm.
- Viettel An Duong Vuong transaction stores: 91 An Duong Vuong, An Cuu Ward, Hue City